Production ovens from Werner & Pfleiderer
have been an investment in the future for
generations due to their guaranteed long service
life and energy efficiency.
- Highest baking quality
- Energy efficient technology
- Reliable & durable
Ovens for bakeries
A good oven is the heart and soul of the bakehouse
Every bakery is known and valued for the crumb, crispness and volume of their bakery items. Bakers are heavily dependent on a reliable production oven that never lets them down and produces identical quality day in, day out. Particularly consistent and repeatable baking results over decades provide the basis for building a loyal customer base, and are the essence of lasting business success.
Excellent baking quality
Crisp, tender flaky crust, a nice volume, and a juicy crumb are what characterizes bakery products of superior quality. Excellent vapor performance of the oven is crucial in this context: consistent vapor creates juicy bakery products. Optimized air flow applies more energy on the dough pieces, shortens the baking time and makes your items particularly juicy. A particularly rich vapor increases the product’s volume, providing true delight both visually and in terms of flavor.
Economic efficiency through energy efficiency
The oven makes a crucial contribution to the success of a bakery, significantly determining the quality of the baked goods and the economic efficiency of your business. A smaller burner with reduced connected load and combined with an innovative heat exchanger, for example, is the “motor” of the ROTOTHERM® Green. Optimized technology that uses less fuel, and yet achieves excellent baking results at the same time.
The oven’s long service life
We have supplied the base for bakers for consistently high-quality bakery items for more than one hundred years. Thousands of professionals all over the world build their business on it. Due to the extremely long utilization period, the investment in a new MATADOR® is somewhat similar to an intergenerational contract. In the truest sense of the word. What the grandfather bought, even the grandson can continue to use in many instances. This is the pleasant and logical consequence of our intergenerational experience.
Deck ovens and automated production ovens
for maximum baking quality
Developed for bakers that stand out from the competition by the quality of their baked goods. WP Bakery Technologies deck ovens embody experience from over 140 years and technologies resulting from continuous research and development – Made in Germany. For the best crumb and crispness when baking bread rolls and bread.
- Conversion to liquefied petroleum gas (LPG, propane/butane): This requires the mixing unit on the burner to be replaced, the piping to be changed and the burner to be readjusted.
- Conversion to liquefied natural gas (LNG): For this purpose, a liquid gas tank must be installed and connected to the burners.
- Conversion to oil burner: WP ovens can be operated with both gas and oil burners. Thus, conversion to oil burners is also always possible, but the burner must be replaced and an oil tank and piping must be installed.
- Conversion to electrical heating: WP offers electrical cartridge heaters that are geometrically adapted to the burners and can thus be inserted into the combustion chamber to replace a burner. Additionally, a suitably dimensioned cable must be installed. Since the required power is significant, it is essential to check whether the building connection is capable of providing this power. A factor of 3 should be calculated for energy costs compared to oil or gas.
Are you looking for advice on your options?
Get in touch
Rack ovens and baking cabinets for perfect
small baked goods off the baking trolley
Designed to satisfy the demand of perfect and uniform baking results. Rack ovens from Werner & Pfleiderer are utilized wherever large quantities of small baked goods are baked economically efficient to meet highest demands. Simple operation, quick rack trolley changes, efficient baking and unmistakable results thanks to state-of-the-art technology for convection, vapor formation, and continuous operation.
The distinctive feature of convection in ROTOTHERM rack ovens
The quality of heat transfer depends on the air speed. For example, if the air speed is doubled, the heat transfer is increased by about 1.4 times (root of 2). Consequently, the flow characteristics have been further optimized to further improve the baking properties of the WP ROTOTHERM Green rack oven with the aim to achieve an increased flow rate evenly distributed throughout the entire baking chamber.
The airflow for the baking chamber is generated by the circulator with a fan wheel. Optimizing the geometry of the fan wheel has resulted in higher air speeds or increased airflow rates with less energy input. The development and manufacture of these special fan wheels are carried out exclusively in-house at WP.
The following advantages result
The significant improvement in airflow characteristics is accompanied by improved heat transfer:
- baking times in the ROTOTHERM Green can be reduced by up to 10 % compared to older rack ovens, with all other parameters remaining unchanged.
- The savings in baking time increase the productivity of the oven system by 10 %.
- One or more ovens may not need to be started, which translates into a reduction in energy consumption.
- The higher air delivery rate allows even easier and more sensitive adjustment of the flow in the baking chamber for perfect homogeneity even with difficult baked goods.
The WP VARIOPILOT, tried and tested for many years, additionally enables an optimum setting of the air delivery rate to be programmed precisely to the recipe. It is evident that even with well-established and extremely proven products, such as the WP ROTOTHERM Green, rack oven further improvements can be generated. A great deal of work in detail then provides significant benefits for the baker.
Do you have questions on your processes?
Get in touch